Unlike many trendy recovery techniques, compression therapy treatment has a solid history rooted in medical science. It has been around for some time. Athletes have been using it in their daily routine to help them recover faster after an intense workout. Every athlete, regardless of their level of fitness knows there is a recovery period after a workout, when the muscles get sore, stiff and fatigued. During this time the body is getting rid of lactic acid and rebuilding the muscle fibers.
Usually the recovery process starts immediately and can take several days to fully recover depending on the intensity of the workout. The compression therapy mimics the body’s natural process of flushing out the lactic acid from muscles, therefore speeding up the recovery and rebuilding of the muscle tissue, as well as increasing flexibility and improving range of motion.
The refreshing effects of compression therapy can be felt in just one session, but it is advisable to continue using it for maximum results up to six times a week. Generally, the more often you utilize it, the more beneficial it can be.
Following are some of the key benefits of compression therapy:
- Faster recovery time between workouts, training cycles, or even in between seasons
- Rapid recovery from injury
- Healthy circulation, reduced swelling and pain relief.
- Enhanced flexibility and range of motion
- Refreshed and rejuvenated muscles
- Reduced inflammation and decreased water accumulation
- Removal of toxins like lactic acid
- Improved circulation
- Immediate relief for “heavy legs”
- Prevention of the development of cellulite
- Prevention/elimination of first-stage varicose
- Strengthens loose skin (due to pregnancy/obesity)
If you have never tried compression therapy before, scheduling your first session is easy. Simply call us at 713-568-4801 or email us at email@example.com