This non-invasive facial tightens your pores while reducing inflammation and puffiness. Repeated CryoFacial treatments result in an increased production of collagen by triggering the cell growth cycle, resulting in fresh, youthful and firmer looking skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of cold treatment decrease the symptoms of chronic skin conditions, such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis. The treatment takes about 10 min and can be done with full makeup on.
This modality targets specific muscles and joints that are injured or inflamed. Cryotherapy heals by constricting the blood vessels and delivering oxygen rich blood to the injured areas, thus decreasing inflammation and pain.
Unlike Whole Body Cryotherapy, which uses a cryotherapy sauna, localized cryotherapy uses small hand held device to apply chilled (-130C) nitrogen gas to a specific area that needs to be treated.
Almost any area of your body can be treated with localized cryotherapy. The treatment takes anywhere from 5 to 12 min depending on the area of the surface that needed to be treated. It will take 10 to 12 min to treat a larger area like lower back. Other factors such as the amount of muscle or adipose tissue will also determine the time of treatment.
Was first utilized in 1978 in Japan by Dr. Yamaguchi, to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Cryotherapy is exposing your body to up to -184 F degree temperatures for about three minutes. The sensation of an extreme cold sends electrical
impulses to the central nervous system indicating the body is under stress and must enter the survival mode.This activates the body’s defense
mechanisms resulting in an increased blood circulation to the vital organs enriching them with oxygen and important nutrients, and prompting the recovery processes, such as collagen production, tissue regeneration and pain relief.
When the cryo-session ends, the above processes are followed by the blood vessel vasodilation in the extremities, associated with the gradual body warming. During this phase, the nutrient enriched blood flows to your skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments and soft tissues.
Additionally, Whole Body Cryotherapy prompts the body to release potent naturally-occurring substances that are capable of pain relief, inflammation reduction, improving immune functions, enhancing metabolism, deoxidizing & ridding the body of detrimental toxins.
THE BENEFITS OF CRYOTHERAPY:
- Anti-inflammatory effect – reduced inflammation resulting in pain relief.
- Regular use of cryotherapy increases metabolism promoting weight loss.
- Long term stress and anxiety reduction.
- Mood enhancement by releasing adrenaline and endorphins.
- Decreased symptoms of depression.
- Repeated treatments of cryotherapy will help with deeper and more restful sleep.
- Reduced recovery time from injury and overtraining.
- Promoted cellular and tissue repair.
- Reduced pain and swelling.
- By increasing cell rejuvenation, cryotherapy improves skin tone, reduces signs of wrinkles, promotes skin tightening, and boosts collagen levels.
- Increased blood circulation helps in removing toxins, boosting the immune system.
- NormaTec system synergistically combines three distinctive massage techniques to speed the body’s normal recovery process: pulsing compression, gradients, and distal release.
- First technique, pulsing, involves pumping of the legs and arms muscles and increasing the movement of fluids out of the limbs after an intense workout.
- The second technique is gradients, it squeezes the muscles continuously, therefore, keeping the fluids from flowing in the wrong direction so that each zone gets maximum pressure.
- The third and final technique is distal release which releases hold pressures once they are no longer needed to prevent backflow. By releasing hold pressure in each zone as soon as possible, each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without a significant pause between compression cycles.
THE BENEFITS OF COMPRESSION THERAPY:
- Faster recovery time between workouts, training cycles, or even in between seasons.
- Rapid recovery from injury
- Compression therapy promotes healthy circulation, reduced swelling and relives pain.
- Enhanced flexibility and range of motion
- Refreshed and rejuvenated muscles.
- Reduced inflammation and decreased water accumulation
- Removal of toxins like lactic acid.
- Immediate relief for “heavy legs”
- Regular use of compression therapy prevents the development of cellulite.
- Prevention/elimination of first-stage varicose.
- Strengthens loose skin (due to pregnancy/obesity)
LETS CHAT! We would love to hear from you!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
It looks like your Facebook URL is incorrectly configured. Please check it in your widget settings.