- Discuss medical history and contraindications
- Check blood pressure
- Discuss client’s concerns and objectives for treatment
- Discuss client’s optimal time and temperature in the cryosauna
Prepare for cryotherapy in the dressing room:
- Clients remove all clothing except for underwear (and a non-underwire bra for women)
- Clients must remove all jewelry or other metal from their body
- The skin and hair should be fully dry
- Clients wrap in a towel, wear socks, slippers and gloves.
The Cryotherapy Room:
- The floor of the cryosauna is adjusted so client’s head and neck are exposed
- Client enters the cryotherapy machine while wrapped in a towel
- Client removes towel to maximize skin exposure
- Chilled liquid nitrogen vapors are evenly misted throughout the cabin
- The client spends 2 to 3 min in the chamber with the temperature reaching to max -184 F
- When the session ends, the client wraps in a towel and exits the cryosauna
- Cryotherapy reduces inflammation + activates detoxification. Some clients may experience mild flu-like symptoms 1 – 2 days after treatment. This is a good sign–your body is getting rid of toxins.
- Drink more fluids than usual to aid the detoxification process
- Enjoy reduced pain, improved mobility, a deep sleep, and good mood!